Saturday, May 8, 2010

Friday.

Went to the Bikeen for the first time in a while. They had the swamp running - must be the first time I've been in a swamp-cooled place in a long time. The slightly moist coolness and the smell took me right back to my grandmother's house as a child. She held out against a regular a/c until '89 or '90...Unbelievable in Phoenix, but yanno, "the greatest generation" and all that, Tom Brokaw wasn't kidding. She was no puss. Anyway it was a very welcome sensation and rather nostalgic.

I think I had a dream about this shop. Magical marshmallow creampuff confection of sickeningly sweet supplies.

First Friday is now a cordoned-off street fair for minors.



The "chapel shot" is comprised of cheap, off-brand whiskey and a dirty bullet. Can't be havin' with that.

Neither can Cindy.

Arm-wrassling. Cindy beat my ass twice, instantly, and then asked, "...Really?" I've become soft, but it ends here.

6 comments:

Fashion Serial Killer said...

haha.. that was a fun night. so glad i didn't do that shot of death. With my luck i would have swallowed that bullet and had to shoot it out my ass.

theselvedgeyard said...

Now there's a visual...

mle jean said...

where is this that they serve whiskey and bullets? I love kooky krafts, I want to buy something from there so badly but its whimsical overload, its hard to pick one thing.

Haley said...

Ha! Love that 2nd to last pic! Priceless expression.

Brittany said...

mle - it wasn't a bar, just a garage where some biker kids hang out. i definitely need to check kooky krafts out, i haven't been inside yet!

mle jean said...

ah, that makes sense. I thought that was a new drink at the bikini, haha.