Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Esai!

I had to watch La Bamba yesterday to break the monotony of being sick in bed for the 5th day in a row.

La Bamba is, of course, one of the greatest movies of all time, and I remembered for the 16th time how much I love


BOB!

Yes, he's an alcoholic philandering wife-beater (well, he would be if he'd only settle down) with deep-seated emotional issues, but he's COOL. And vulnerable! And an artist!

Where can I get some good La Bamba stills. Anyway, this movie has been with me from the start. It was sewn deep into my psyche the first (second, third, fourth and fifth - I was one of those kids) time I watched it at the age of 6. Perhaps that's from whence comes my hangup with the dirtbag type. And on top of it all, you have Brian Setzer at his height portraying Eddie Cochran. Dazzling.

Santo and Johnny's Sleepwalk is also the greatest song of all time and it is impossible not to cry at the end of the movie because of it. RITCHIE! waugh. This movie started me on a huge Ritchie Valens jag as a kid that continues today.

Bob!

And some fun forgotten tunes of yesteryear. del barrio!




4 comments:

Fashion Serial Killer said...

sleepwalking is one of the best songs ever... no doubt about it.

WoMpY said...

5 days sick?? Hope you get better soon homegirl. No soy marinero, soy capitan.....Richie!!!!!

Haley said...

Riiiiichie! My my...I have always felt the exact same way about La Bamba and that song. Gets me every time.

Brittany said...

thanks dude. riiiiitchieee!