Sunday, August 25, 2013

Parallels


Super awesome.  Another stereoscope of an old family member of mine.  I should remember how lucky I am to have these.  A lot of people don't.  I think this is a great-aunt.  Just one great, isn't that cray?  This is at least turn of the century, maybe older.  Women had their children late on that side of the family.  Because there were 13 kids in that family, I don't know which one she was.

There are other pictures of this girl that I haven't scanned.  She is so dark-haired and dark-eyed, but her lineage is all Irish, Scottish and French-Canadian.  In the pictures, she and some of her sisters actually look a little Hispanic.  I wish this was Julia, my great-gram's ill-fated sister and BFF.  So fascinated by her.

I love these period indoor pics because I like to enlarge them and check out all the details.  Her rolled hair, and the bow in it.  The picture of a suffering Jesus, and the framed cross that angles away from the wall.  The wallpaper.  The random articles nailed to the wall.  She is working at a needlepoint, and there is a crazyquilt on the bed.  I wonder who she is.

No comments: