Saturday, June 18, 2011

Oh, the Rosson is all done up for the Fourth of July with some wind-flapped bunting.




And the canna lilies are looking especially jungley. They are self-propagating, lush and tall, with great leaves the size of an elephant's ear. And they like it hot. Good Arizona foliage.

I am researching an early Phoenix family who lived in the Rosson at the turn of the century. For whatever reason, they're the least documented family to have lived there (before 1915. after that, it's every man for himself). It might even involve in-person research. there might be microfiche involved. this sounds both exciting and dreadful. I haven't used a microfiche viewer since uh, mostly never, but my only experience was in the early 90s. I remember giving up almost instantly. Luckily I am a grown ass man now and it is likely that I will persist.

No comments: